Gun Dog Training
Three (3) months of training is $2,000.00 in total. That includes birds and feed. We will take monthly dogs from time to time as space opens up. Monthly training is $950.00 and also includes birds and food. We also offer 1/2 day ($150.00) and full day ($200.00) "problem and solve" training for handlers having issues and want some extra help to solve the issue. (per dog) We also offer "Forced Fetch" at the cost of $1,500.00. The time it takes depends on the dog but most of the time between3-5 months.
We are able to train in Delavan, IL at Sur le Delavan Kennel, Bloomfield, IA on our family farms, Double Cluck Lodge in Canton, IL.
The training will last for three months.
When the dog is picked up it will have
- Clicker Trained: Shaping behaviors
and language notification
- Pre-Clue; Clue Training: the common
language for you and your dog
- Avoidance Training: reliability
- E collar conditioning
- Gunfire conditioning
(This all takes place before going to the field)
- Introduction (properly) to the birds and the gun in the field
- Recall to the whistle and voice
- Bending and hunting in range
- Holding point
***Steadiness level is up to the owner.
- Steady to Wing
- Steady to Wing and Shot
- Steady to Wing, Shot, and Fall